Technology is changing the way we work, live, eat, learn, and play. Future, an a16z-powered publication, is your guide to what’s coming next, as explained by the people pushing us forward.
We’re always in the market for new authors with authoritative knowledge, strong points of view, and great ideas. To pitch an article, read these guidelines and fill out the form at the bottom.
Things to keep in mind
- We’re pro-technology, and we prefer constructive takes over takedowns.
- We don’t publish promotional content.
- We only discuss news events within the context of larger tech trends.
Who the Future audience is
- People in tech looking for insights on their industry from experienced, forward-thinking insiders.
- Leaders and decision-makers trying to understand how new technology will affect policy, business, and the world at large.
- Tech-curious readers wishing to learn more about the technologies shaping their lives.
Who Future writers are
- Most articles are written by subject-matter experts, ranging from world-class authorities to people with ample experience in their given fields and interesting, well-considered ideas.
- We have a strong affinity for builders. Founder, project creators, research scientists, seasoned executives – anyone with skin in the game.
Things we’re always looking for
- Explainers with a point of view, like these:
- Op-eds with sharp, well-informed arguments, like these:
- Q&As with exceptionally interesting builders and/or the experts on of-the-moment tech topics.
- Any and all creative ideas for articles that should be on Future! We’re open to formats and approaches we haven’t explored yet.
Topics we’re especially interested in right now
- Company-building articles with a “service” angle. We’d like to see builders mine their own experiences and distill what they’ve learned into actionable advice.
- An original argument about the rise of new organizations rethinking how science funding works
- A sharp take on casual “appointment” gaming (e.g., Wordle, HQ Trivia) in the web3 era
- A sexy explainer about taxes and digital nomads
One more thing
We’re staunchly pro-creator! We pay competitive rates, license content (rather than buy it), and promote all articles on both Future and a16z social feeds.
Pitch us here!
Join the Newsletter
Technology, innovation, and the future, as told by those building it.